Nontherner?


I was staring at a mute movie, watching in awe 
because I felt different
I felt like a taboo

Whether I'm truthful or belligerent about it 
I'm a descendant of folks 
Folks that believe this union is a female-child's reason to live 
or at least validates the reason
Or worse case, insinuates

Most of my peers were stuck in the limbo of the partner search 
while others decided to do it all by themselves
I was told the purr of the pussycat won't suffice

Is it true though? 
Is my heart too tough for a woman, capable of bringing another life? 
Does a place exist in there to love another?

I wonder every night 
what the reaction would be 
if I got to talking about my feelings on the topic of 
a "blessed union"

Knowingly I would start with the purpose the sanctity it serves 
and justify the inefficiency of this 
yet another factor in our day to day
My thoughts of the union rather than the idea of the union

3000 tears I sometimes shed because I am an Outkast 
who sees the crumbling sanctuary 
where everyone poses as blind
To each is his own

I wonder what could happen if I object the proposal 
Will I be cursed? 
Will I be forced? 
Will my inner strength weaken my voice to condone this treachery that's next?

Sweet Lady with a bold voice yet can't be heard
Another pretty face where the shining rays mask the beauty
What will be the repercussion of such vile thoughts?
To have is to hold
Will I be the girl that's left alone?   

xo
Mimi



Photo Credit: Oleg Dou
Disclaimer: The cross symbol has
not been referenced but to crop
it out is to destroy the R
ussian photographer's Art

Comments

Popular Posts