TeamNIKE USA: GREG PLUMMER

'Greg Plummer, nicknamed The Purest for his sweet shooting stroke..', according to www.insidehoops.com/streetball definitely caught my eye since the World Basketball Festival, Brixton in June 2012; where his team,Team Nike USA, played against Team GB and won *whoop whoop*. The 6ft4 new york shooting guard (#brooklynStandUp) & Nike Streetball Player of the 2011 summer played overseas in Europe & Mexico to say the least.

According to his interview in August 2011 with NYPost: The trophy didn’t mean a whole lot to Plummer after the loss. He thought the X-Men were just as good as hand-picked Team Nike. They did beat a similar-looking squad, Bingo’s All-Stars, in the Rucker championship game. “I’m still upset about losing the chip, regardless of any individual award that’s won,” Plummer said. “I got this sour taste in my mouth until next year. Next year, I’m starting off the summer picking up where I left off. All those dudes in my way, until I’m satisfied I’m not stopping.”

Post London, Plummer & his team played at the later dates of the World Basketball festival in Paris (won), Chicago, LA & finals in DC, where they won the championship.
After missing two summers with a bad ankle injury, the Purest has come back with more passion and strength in his game. This summer, Plummer suits up for Big Apple Basketball hitting 11pts in his first game with his new team. The summer ends with a rematch against Nike II and Ooh-Way.

What's in store for Plummer this coming season is my question? This may well be his year overseas, maybe europe, who knows? Where he ends up, we'll find out..


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREGORY!

Less talk, more worK! The purest shows off himself at the National Basketball League of Canada..

Greg Plummer Highlights 2012 (Final) from Greg Plummer on Vimeo.


Get to know him then follow him on twitter @gpbrooklyn & his youtube page: gregplummer1 for videos of his games

Comments

Popular Posts