The Weakend II

Nothing good comes out of a stare competition with my keyboard 
mainly because i contemplate 
and strike out the hype-frenzy thoughts

Anyway, it's Valentine's Day .. Ho Ho Ho

I used to love everything about this day 
And deep within
i knew someday i'd want to return to that place of Love
Much like everything 
and the fxxxxd up cliches about it 
it happens for a reason

I had my reason too

Even before i traded my baggy pant, track suit bottoms and hoodies 
i was never alone when that special day came 
as expected or even unexpected
Fast-Forward these days

I dream of being that care-free girl in love

Crossing the streets of New York

Dining in L'Avenue in Paris

Peeking to watch your crowd go wild

Or closer to home
Admiring the Abuja Skyline 
from my secret spot in Maitama Hills
Forgetting the heat wave

We can skate down Ocean Drive on South Beach

Sunset cruise our vintage top-down in LA

Party the night in ATL

While your path has been carved, i stay searching for mine
I feel you watch from a distance, saying nothing
Your vibe is reserved 
yet they say i'm one hard girl to read

While i secretly ponder 
on what your day will be like during the AllStars
i puff out and smile at your big event coming up
that great feeling
And my phone vibrates

It's you

It's almost impossible 
for a weirdo and an introvert to make it
But we will
Time tells Tales


xo
Mimi

Comments

Popular Posts